Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Monochrome Cake Bars

This whole week I've woken up at 5:30am. I would usually sleep in until 7 but today I decided to stay up and make those Neapolitan cake bars. I couldn't find any strawberry cake mix though so I can't really call them Neapolitan... (Maybe I should call them Monochrome?)

Anyhow, the prep took 30 minutes. (Thank goodness today is a late start!) When it was in the oven baking, I got really nervous because there was this burning smell. (;° ロ°) It turned out I was just paranoid because when I removed the cake, it was normal. It was a bit lopsided but normal nonetheless!

Then I gave a piece to my mom and sisters and according to them, it tasted fine. Mission accomplished! o(≧∇≦o) Now I'll just feed them to my friends today at lunch and see what they think of my first solo cake attempt. I'm hoping they like it, along with the magnets from Disney World I was supposed to give them in September and the ribbons I made from magazine pages last night when I was supposed to be studying for exams.

...

My priorities are messed up. OTL


EDIT: I gave them to my friends and they liked it! I plan to make cupcakes or cookies next.

No comments:

Post a Comment